
Never too old to play in the sand!

Maddie liked to jump and fall on her behind!

Zach enjoyed digging with his "Big trucks!"

One, two three...BIG ONE!

What a gorgeous day! My parents were brave enough to join us on a trip to the beach today, the triplets first time in Lake Michigan. The water was 75 degrees and the air was in the 90's! The waves were 0 to 1. We could not have asked for a better day!
Abby and Zach loved it right away and wasted no time digging in and splashing about. Of course Jake is an old pro ,and a HUGE fan of the beach. Miss Prissy Pants(Maddie)was not so sure. She cried a lot at first until we figured out she was crying because she was getting dirty. We placed her on a beach chair with a pail of water to clean her hands ,and then she was happy. Eventually she decided that life would be more fun if she got a little dirty. When she figured that out she went crazy, but with clean hands of course. All three would line up on the edge of the water and count one, two, three..run and jump in the water and say, "Big One!" I think it meant big splash and big waves. If one triplet lagged behind they would say, "come on!" and of one fell the others were right there to pick them up, well at least try to pick them up. So cute! By the end they were all brave, really brave, and giggling, giggling, giggling! My van, the car seats,the triplets, Jake, myself, my house ,the bath tub,and everything that we brought to the beach is sandy...but it was worth it! Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us have such a special day with you!



3 comments:
What fun! I wish I lived closer to the beach.
I am glad you were able to make it to the beach! I am always amazed that the beach is still there after I see the amount of sand we bring home!
Beach fun is ALWAYS worth it no matter what the mess! Hope we can join you for some beach fun soon!
Post a Comment