
Future Hawkeye!

Daddy and Abby!

Grandma and Maddie!

Zach gets his face painted!

Playing games!

Jake was "hot" at the Pop Toss game!!!!! And he doesn't even like pop , but he likes winning!
Tonight Ron took the kids, with his parents help, to a community picnic to kick off the fall football season in Hamilton. Notice I say RON and not WE! As they went their way to have fun I went mine. My triplet mom friend ,Stacey ,volunteers at the hospital visiting moms on bed rest. Stacey knows how it feels to be on bed rest VERY WELL! She was in the hospital for 9 weeks with her girls! Anyway, Stacey met a woman, Suzie, who needed help. Suzie and her husband have a 15 month old and now triplets that were born on Monday! Suzie and her family moved to America from Iraq where they escaped danger. She has no family here! Stacey, being the amazing person she is, arranged for Suzie to have a baby shower at the hospital! What an amazing thing! None of us knew Suzie, we all just felt called to help. Suzie was so grateful for the gifts however, she probably didn't realize the gift she gave in return. What a tremendous feeling it is to have a hand in helping someone in need. It also made me reflect on how grateful and blessed we are to have family around to help us. Suzie will have some hard months ahead, but I hope now she knows she is not alone! It was really fun to see you too, Anna!
3 comments:
I'm not amazing. If I was, I wouldn't have let my friend Sarah drive home with my car keys. Waiting at the hospital while someone drives a half hour to bring me my keys at 10:30pm - That is so me!
I'm so bummed I had to miss the shower for Suzie last night. It sounds like it was fun.
And major YEAH!!!! for your husband taking all four kids to the community picnic. I don't know if mine would have done that. :O)
It was a wonderful night, and so fun to help someone in need, and spend time with you!! Blessings!
Post a Comment