Thursday, July 30, 2009

That feeling that all teachers get...










..have I done everything I wanted or needed to do before the start of the school year? Have I made the most of my summer as the end of the summer draws closer? You may be thinking..there is a lot of summer left ,but unfortunately I have a bump in my summer road plans... On Monday I have to have hernia surgery to repair stomach muscle damage caused by carrying big babies. Jake was a 9 pounder and the triplet's combined baby weight was 19 pounds. As much as a blessing that was, one I continue to be thankful for, my body has the damage to prove that that is a lot on a person. As far as I know ,I still hold the record for the biggest triplets my doctor's practice has ever had and I am still so thankful that all three of the triplets got to go straight to the nursery and not the NICU like most triplets do. Anyway..When I think of my "want to do list", I have checked most things off the list. We have had picnics with friends and family, gone on Papa's boat, played outside A LOT in the little pool, sprinklers and on the new playset, Jake and I have grown a small garden, we have baked pies together, finger painted, gone to VBS and Camp Geneva (Jake) and just have enjoyed each other. On the work list, I have grown awesome flower pots, painted the front door and organized drawers...So as much as I hate that summer ending twinge I get, I surely can not say that I don't feel lucky to have the opportunity to play with my kiddos all summer long!..Still on the to do list..PLAY WITH SIMON AND HUGH!!!!..oh... and quickly heal so I can get back to playing!!

1 comment:

KimFri said...

I am so glad to see that we are still on your list!