When I went to Shipshewana I had hoped to find the kids umbrellas. It is usually not a great idea to go to Shipshewana in search of something. Usually you will never find it. However, I lucked out. I first found the girls' umbrellas, pink polka dot with a Glam kitty on it holding a purse and lip stick..PERFECT! I high fived myself for this find and thought I would have to resign myself to the fact that I would never find one for Zach...And there it was...a cute Bug Umbrella! And all three were the right price..cheap! The kids have been waiting and waiting for the moment when I would say, "Let's use the umbrellas!" Last night was the perfect opportunity. A light rain, little wind and I was up for the challenge. The kids dashed out with wet hair from their baths and PJs on. As you can see it happened so quickly that Zach even forgot to put back on his baseball hat. Abby was busy shielding the cat from the rain, who could care less, Maddie was busy bossing everyone around to hold the umbrella straight, and Zach kept freaking them all out by insisting he heard, "under". The entire rain adventure lasted about 6 minutes...the novelty ran out and in we went in. Gotta love the simple things in life!
Monday, August 17, 2009
The moment we have been waiting for....
When I went to Shipshewana I had hoped to find the kids umbrellas. It is usually not a great idea to go to Shipshewana in search of something. Usually you will never find it. However, I lucked out. I first found the girls' umbrellas, pink polka dot with a Glam kitty on it holding a purse and lip stick..PERFECT! I high fived myself for this find and thought I would have to resign myself to the fact that I would never find one for Zach...And there it was...a cute Bug Umbrella! And all three were the right price..cheap! The kids have been waiting and waiting for the moment when I would say, "Let's use the umbrellas!" Last night was the perfect opportunity. A light rain, little wind and I was up for the challenge. The kids dashed out with wet hair from their baths and PJs on. As you can see it happened so quickly that Zach even forgot to put back on his baseball hat. Abby was busy shielding the cat from the rain, who could care less, Maddie was busy bossing everyone around to hold the umbrella straight, and Zach kept freaking them all out by insisting he heard, "under". The entire rain adventure lasted about 6 minutes...the novelty ran out and in we went in. Gotta love the simple things in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment