A rare moment of calm togetherness!
"We all fall down!!!"
Running , our nightly routine! Such fun! "Hold on tightly!"
Today Jake brought home a writing he did before the holiday break at school. The topic was, If I were a gift..This is what he wrote:
"If I were a gift I would be a Thomas the Tank Engine train that can move on tracks for my favorite brother Zach. I would give this to Zach because we play together everyday and Zach loves to pretend that I'm a train! That is why I want to be a Thomas The Tank Engine for my brother Zach." Melt my heart!!! So, so sweet!
Our house is full of love and never a quiet moment! I am often asked if I watch the TV show, Jon and Kate Plus 8. To be honest I have seen it only a handful of times as I don't find it relaxing or an escape from reality like TV time should be. Yes, they have more kids then we do but our house is not so different from their home. I did catch an episode the other day when they took the kids to a 4th of July parade. I realized that Kate and I are alike in some ways. She repeats over and over again that she tries to make their life as normal as she can..even if that means packing/planning for a day for a 20 minute 4th of July parade. She even said, "If I had one three year old I wouldn't think twice about going." I so think that way too! On the show she was filling up sippy cups to take to the parade, yes she had to fill 6 and I only 3, but her kids were screaming, it was totally hectic and Kate yells, "I am going as fast as I can, there is only one of me." I thought oh no..that sounded not so good and I say that phrase too! Her kids were biting, ours went through a stage too, they were fighting over sippy cup color and toys..HELLO..daily argument in my house! She was trying to do the girls hair, make everything perfect with matching outfits and jackets....I wondered...Is this what we look like when we try for outings..OH MY GOODNESS IT IS!!! So as Jon said in his parting words on that episode, our house is never quiet, someone is always screaming, it is never enough and never done...Such is my life too! Would we trade it..NEVER! We love our chaos!
2 comments:
Love it!! I'm off to Florida tomorrow to see Laura and the baby! Can't wait! Let's chat soon!
Blessings!
Jake is such a tender heart. Love that boy!
I can't believe how many people w/ kids watch Jon & Kate. When I have that rare moment of having the TV to myself, why on earth would I want to watch screaming kids??? I can tune into that every day in my living room, kitchen, playroom,...shall I go on??!!
Post a Comment