
We consider ourselves lucky if we experience a random act of kindness once in our lifetime. This week I was blessed with two! On Monday my dear friend ,Nancy ,gave me a gift. There was no card, no drawn out explanation as to why, she just handed me the gift with a smile. She had heard me talk for quite sometime now about wanting a cupcake stand. It is one of those things I would always point out , but could never justify buying. Nancy decided that she wanted me to have one. She gave me the one from Crate and Barrel, the one I thought I would REALLY never get. She teaches me daily how to be a better person. Friends like that are hard to find...she is one in a million!
Today the front office called me down and told me I had something waiting for me at the front desk. I assumed it was something for one of my students ( lunch money, homework, car keys...). I was shocked to learn the something waiting was for me! It was the beautiful bouquet you see. This gift was from one of my students. The student that gave me the flowers holds a special place in my heart. She is only a freshman and may not know how I feel about her, but I simply adore her! In many ways she reminds me of how I acted at her age. As nice as it was to receive such a special gift...to me the true gift is being her teacher and having her in my life for the next three years!
No comments:
Post a Comment