Three years in a row our family has made a weekend trip to Frankenmuth. Grandma, Grandpa, Eric, Michelle, Brendan and Ella, Ron and I ,and our four kids ,plus our niece Lian. Lian is Ron's brother, Gregg, youngest daughter. The older kids were busy with sports and teenage stuff so just Lian joined our party.
We must all be creatures of habit because we enjoy doing the same things year after year. We start out on Friday night at a restaurant bar called Tiffany's for yummy pizza and pitchers of Blue Moon beer. On Saturday we get up, enjoy the complimentary breakfast, swim and then hit the town. This year Michelle and I and the triplets went to the outlet mall. Michelle and I took turns running in stores as the triplets napped. Everyone else went to the Webkinz store, took a carriage ride and shopped around downtown. Then the kids swam again and made many needed trips to the room in the cool glass elevator.! We ran to Bronner's Christmas Store for a bit, and then all met back up for happy hour at the hotel .We finished the night at Zehender's for a chicken dinner. On Sunday we enjoyed yet another great breakfast and made the trip home! The only not so good thing is now Zach, Abby and I have pink eye. Oh and Sharon, Ella and Abby's head injuries, but they were minor, really! Watch the slide show to see the the action of the weekend live! Shall we go again next year???



3 comments:
It looks like a lot of fun and memories! I say yes! Go again! You have to get out and just do stuff you know? Although I got nervous when I saw pictures in Bronners! How did those three not break stuff?
Also, I feel for you! We are still giving eye drops to Sophie (week 3)! Make sure you keep up with the drops and give them for over 7 days!! Our eye infections kept making a come-back!
We feel very luck to have family that is brave enough to take this type of adventure with us! Without them, we wouldn't have been able to go!
Last year Maddie broke about 12 ornaments when her stroller got too close to the shelf of ornaments. Luckily the staff was so caught up in the triplet thing that they didn't seem to care. This year it was a quick trip and a mad dash to the children's section of the store! You can touch there.
All the babies now have pink eye in both eyes and so do I...They had it at 3 months and it took WEEKS to cure! Oh and Zach has an ear infection and a sinus infection. We are all coughing, gross noses, the works! Poor Sophie. Didn't Evie start it all for you guys? I love the new pet!
Looks like a wonderful weekend! Hope you all are on the road to recovery...hope it's the last cold of the year, season...right?? We also passed pink eye around for weeks in Jan/Feb, not fun!
Post a Comment