Saturday, May 10, 2008

Boys vs. Girls






Are girls and boys programmed differently? I think so! When we go outside to play the girls love to be pushed in their swing, pick flowers, push their babies ,and not get dirty. Well at least Maddie hates to have dirty hands. Zach loves to run ,and if Dad's mower is out that's where he must be! When we play inside the girls love to play with the dishes. They set the table, pretend to eat ,and play very contently. Many of the dishes and play food they play with were Jake's from when he was a baby. Let me tell you that I added dishes and play food to his Christmas wish list one year and it never got used! When Zach plays inside he hammers, throws, climbs, and is in general quite rough. In one picture you will see that he wanted to play house with the girls ,but thought it meant using his chain saw??The triplets are all exposed to the very same things ,yet they go separate ways on toy selection. They may go separate ways with toys but they always need to know that each other is near. Yesterday Maddie refused to come upstairs for dinner. She wanted to continue playing. Zach and Abby were on their way up. So I say to Maddie, "Bye Maddie, we are going upstairs" thinking she would join if she thought she was left out. My plan back fired. Zach and Abby ran downstairs and said, "Sissy , Sissy!" They wouldn't leave her behind. I guess I will need to find another parenting tactic. It always worked for Jake?? Parenting multiples is a lesson all of its own! Or as the man behind us in the checkout lane today said to the cashier as we left," Boy those parents have their hands full!"

No comments: