Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year Tradition









Sara likes to follow her siblings!

Abby wanted to take a picture of Sara and I.


Enjoying the snow!


Maddie bought sticker earrings with her tooth fairy money!



We have a fun New Year's tradition at our house. We do fondue with the kids. This year we sent Sara for a play date at Aunt Brenda's so we could actual enjoy the meal. Love that baby, but she is not in that sit down and enjoy a meal stage yet. The girls and I dressed up, their idea to wear the princess outfits, we did our hair ,and even put on a little makeup. The kids made name tags for all our spots. I loved the one Abby made for her Daddy ( bab). It is Abby holding his hand. Notice the hearts..LOVE! No we don't party in the new year ,or stay up all night..or even to midnight..but we have a ton of fun.
I did something special with the kids this New Year. I had them answer some questions I found on my favorite craft blog. I have a link to it on the bottom of my blog. It's a square with a house in it. Check it out..Anyway..back to my activity. I posted Maddie's for you to see because it was too funny and so her. Other cute answers included ,Abby wants to ride a bike without training wheels in 2012 and Zach's favorite food is Sweet and Sour Chicken . Jake wants to learn how to ski..which he is already mastering after his entrance into ski club at school! The kids answered Sara's for her. They all thought her favorite activity in 2011 was getting kisses from her family. I put all their answered sheets in my New Year's box and plan to do the same thing next year. How fun will that be to pull out each year on our fondue night..Well, at least until they get too old for fondue and head out with friends. Until then, what precious memories we will have!

No comments: