I really wish I could sew. That would be my dream crafty talent. I have so many great ideas that swirl around in my head. I think I have an eye for fabric and fun...but I just cannot sew! I am trying to use this desire to be crafty in venues that I can pull off. My latest obsession..Mod Podge! I made this super fun and easy banner with my sister in law, Brenda, on a crafty Sunday afternoon. It is all made from scarp book supplies. I love how it turned out. I will for sure make banners for other holidays. I also saw on a blog someone who used the pages from an old books as the background and cute embellishments to dress it up. How cute would that be for my classroom!! OK, moving on...then I saw these DARLING vintage looking gift bags at Hobby Lobby. My mind starting humming and I decided that they needed to be turned into something fun for our house. I stumbled upon glass containers and thought..AH HA! I'll make a candy jar for our Valentine's Candy. I am impressed I could think because I was at Hobby Lobby with my five children and my 13 year old niece! SIX CHILDREN!! Nothing could stop these creative juices...Plus having my entourage helped me from spending a bazillion dollars! I love that store! My next craft....Besides more banners ( Easter)...I want to make rose clips from fabric scraps. ( No sewing involved!) Doing crafts, and something for myself, does the soul good!
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Getting Crafty!
I really wish I could sew. That would be my dream crafty talent. I have so many great ideas that swirl around in my head. I think I have an eye for fabric and fun...but I just cannot sew! I am trying to use this desire to be crafty in venues that I can pull off. My latest obsession..Mod Podge! I made this super fun and easy banner with my sister in law, Brenda, on a crafty Sunday afternoon. It is all made from scarp book supplies. I love how it turned out. I will for sure make banners for other holidays. I also saw on a blog someone who used the pages from an old books as the background and cute embellishments to dress it up. How cute would that be for my classroom!! OK, moving on...then I saw these DARLING vintage looking gift bags at Hobby Lobby. My mind starting humming and I decided that they needed to be turned into something fun for our house. I stumbled upon glass containers and thought..AH HA! I'll make a candy jar for our Valentine's Candy. I am impressed I could think because I was at Hobby Lobby with my five children and my 13 year old niece! SIX CHILDREN!! Nothing could stop these creative juices...Plus having my entourage helped me from spending a bazillion dollars! I love that store! My next craft....Besides more banners ( Easter)...I want to make rose clips from fabric scraps. ( No sewing involved!) Doing crafts, and something for myself, does the soul good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment