Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back To Reality!


First day of 4Th Grade

Going to Church on Sunday

The last dip in the kiddie pool!


We made the most of the Labor Day weekend...soaked up as much fun and sun as we could. We went on my parents boat for a cruise to Saugatuck, played outside, went in the hot tub.... We knew what was around the corner...REALITY! It's football practice for Ron and Jake, ballet/tumbling lessons for the girls, school for me, 4Th grade for Jake and the triplets go back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. BUSY BUSY!!! I do love fall though!!!

Jet Update: Well.....Jet lived about a month in our house until his passing over Labor Day weekend. Jake was away at a friend's cottage so he came home to the grim news. Jake was sad but handled it OK. We were pretty worried about how the triplets would feel. So being the great parents we are we left Jet in the bowl for a few days, floating at the bottom ,but it looked like he was alive, until we figured how to best explain this to toddlers. We decided to just remove Jet and see who noticed. About 4 days later Abby noticed and asked about Jet. "I thought of a lie and I thought it up quick" ..it just flew out of my mouth. Jet went to go live in Mr. Stehle's pond. (Grandma and Grandpa's neighbors). I told them Jet got too big for his bowl and needed a new home. They asked if Mr. Stehle's frogs would like Jet. Of course I said yes! WHEW.....They bought it! After Jake's sadness came..." Can we get a dog?"

No comments: