BEFORE
DURING
AFTER
OK..This is a hard post for me to make, but I hope by posting it I will inspire someone who suffers from ugly viens! I have had varicose veins since middle school..a long time ago. After 5 babies and hitting my 30's the veins became much worse and pretty unsightly. I had always dreamed of getting them fixed, but then when does a mom have time for something like this? I also feared that it would hurt and I really did not want to endure another surgery this summer. The year before last I had my two umbilical hernias repaired ( thank you triplets) and last year I had my c-section. However, I also really wanted to wear skirts and shorts again with confidence. So, I looked into varicose surgery and found that it was not what I had pictured it to be. No longer do they strip your veins in a surgery room with only marginal success. They treat it with a series of laser treatments. Now, don't me wrong, it was a deal, but not what I had pictured. The process took about 2 months to do both of my legs. ( My left leg was BAD..my right was not ,but did have a vein and would get worse over time). I was only sore for a few days( it feels like a pulled muscle) and you are totally awake for the procedure and drive yourself home. The big pain is wearing a wrap for 5 days after the procedure that can not be taken off. The bruising is not pretty, but again it is temporary. I have tiny scars where VERY small incisions were made. My legs feel great and I think looks great. I still have some discoloring from where the blood was pooled in my leg because of the vein and it stained the skin. That will fad over time. If you are interested in learning more please comment or email me. Oh and two more things..it is pretty pricey so check your insurance out before you start the process. Our insurance covered it at 100% as it was a medical issue. Research your doctor. It is a highly technical procedure so find out who the best doctor is in your area. My family Doctor suggested my guy and I soon found out he was THE MAN in the area. I am so happy that I was brave and had it done.** OK, another note** If your veins are just small...DO THIS NOW..The bigger the vein the bigger the procedure pain and your veins will NEVER go away without this procedure. They will only grow over time. My left leg procedure pain was much worse than my right..I only wish I would have not waited so long.
No comments:
Post a Comment