Several months ago we made plans to go on a FANTASTIC trip to Disney World. At the time we planned it I thought it would be no big deal leaving Sara to go..she would be practically one! Now that the day we leave ( her entire family BUT her) draws near, I am getting nervous about leaving her. Will she be loved by her aunties? Yes! Will she be well taken care of ? Yes....But it is hard for me to wrap my mind around not kissing those cheeks every night. I keep telling myself that Sara would not have fun in hot Disney World being dragged around. I keep telling myself that I have four children ,besides Sara, that need me to focus on them, but I am still sad. When I am on the plane and arrive in the most magical place in the world with four over the top excited kiddos, I have no doubt that I will be fine. The anticipation of leaving my Sara is half the struggle. I am thankful for Facebook, email...all the wonderful ways we have to stay connected now. I am sooo thankful to my sweet sister in laws who are fighting over their time to love on Sara!! And of course, I am unbelievably grateful to be able to take our kids on such a wonderful vacation. OK..had to get that out, now I feel better!
Sunday, June 5, 2011
It sounded like it was a good idea at the time..
Several months ago we made plans to go on a FANTASTIC trip to Disney World. At the time we planned it I thought it would be no big deal leaving Sara to go..she would be practically one! Now that the day we leave ( her entire family BUT her) draws near, I am getting nervous about leaving her. Will she be loved by her aunties? Yes! Will she be well taken care of ? Yes....But it is hard for me to wrap my mind around not kissing those cheeks every night. I keep telling myself that Sara would not have fun in hot Disney World being dragged around. I keep telling myself that I have four children ,besides Sara, that need me to focus on them, but I am still sad. When I am on the plane and arrive in the most magical place in the world with four over the top excited kiddos, I have no doubt that I will be fine. The anticipation of leaving my Sara is half the struggle. I am thankful for Facebook, email...all the wonderful ways we have to stay connected now. I am sooo thankful to my sweet sister in laws who are fighting over their time to love on Sara!! And of course, I am unbelievably grateful to be able to take our kids on such a wonderful vacation. OK..had to get that out, now I feel better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment