Our family has a tradition of gathering at our house on Memorial Day and walking down to the main road to see the parade in our town. I just love this parade. My favorite part, hands down, is seeing all the Veterans walk by. I am so proud and amazed that our little town has so many men that have served. Year after year they show and year after year they amaze me! I love that half the parade is local tractors! I love that kids and adults decorate their bikes and wave to neighbors. I love how we know 99% of the people in the parade and wave to them as they go by like we have not seen them in years. I just love our town. After the parade we come back to our house for a breakfast. I can think of no greater way to spend the day.
Now the Sara report. She was a big fan of her first parade, the first she really knew she was present for. She clapped, squealed and took it all in. The triplets, well the candy throwing, and they make a HAUL, is top dog for them. Jake and his cousins, Brendan and Ella ,rode their bikes in the parade until they decided that gathering candy would be fun too. Happy Decoration Day( in honor of my Grandma Grace) to all
No comments:
Post a Comment