Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sara's Tricks!


Maddie found this caterpillar and named her Casey Grace. Casey is the name she wanted for the baby. She has tried to convince all our visitors that the baby is named Casey Grace to no avail. So, the caterpillar has to do!



Let's see..Sara's tricks. She sleeps, poops, coos, kicks, yawns, makes "OH" lips and then sleeps again... She is not a crier at all! She does cry when she needs or wants something but it is a quick cry and she is easily consoled. She sleeps a lot. Usually wakes to eat and look around for awhile then crashes again. At night she is waking every three to four hours to eat. Sometimes she is wide awake at night and gets lonely in her bassinet. She does not cry, she just would rather be held. She can sleep through anything..and trust me it gets loud in our house! The kids have adjusted very well to having another little one around. Abby is my big helper. She loves to get diapers, burp clothes, pacifiers..anything I need she is on it! Maddie loves to hold Sara and for a girl who can not sit still, she does for Sara! Zach is sweet to Sara..he comes by and gives her sweet pats and light kisses. Jake has been a great help with the older three and does some of the lifting work that I still can not do. I am still healing..it comes slower with a repeat c-section. I lost a lot of blood during the c-section and as a result I wind easily, I am always cold and just fatigue more. Because the loss was so severe, it may take 6 months to get back to the levels I need to be. As for Ron, he is back to work and seems pretty rested. Like I said ,Sara does not cry all night so he gets lots of sleep since I am nursing and there is not much he can do in the middle of the night. We are so grateful to family and friends for visits, meals, gifts....We all feel very loved!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh Beth, she is amazing! What a blessing! Such a beautiful family! So sorry to hear about the difficult c-section, I had the same thing, with many transfusions afterwards. Prayers that you continue to recover quickly.