Here we are arriving in our room! She is not so sure but she has her deat to help!
Still unsure..
All done and ready to go home...with sad eyes!
I have lots of catching up to do. I have not posted birthday pictures, football pictures, pumpkin patch pictures..the list goes on! Those are promised to come soon. Today ,however, Abby's big day takes precedent over all those events. Abby had surgery today to remove a pyogenic granuloma from the right side of her chin. It is hard to explain what it is or what it is caused by but, in a nut shell, it is a rapidly growing lesion that bleeds easily. This lesion is common in children. It is believed that this lesion is formed when capillary blood vessels start growing rapidly in response to trauma to the skin. In children, removing something from a face is not done easily. It was recommended that we put her under for the procedure. She was a brave girl! I think it was almost harder on her mom than her. Even though they gave her meds to make her goofy before they took her away, she still screamed for me as they carried her to the O.R. The surgery lasted less than 10 minutes. The pre op and recovery took longer than the actual procedure did! She was pretty agitated coming out of the anaesthesia and wanted to pull out her IV. She also managed to puke all over me in recovery and I was given some sweet scrubs to wear home! Anyone need a Halloween costume?? After she threw up, she bounced back around quite quickly and we went home. We snuggled all day as she took little cat naps here and there. By tonight, she was running around back to her old self! In about a week she will be able to take her stitches out. It is through times like these that we are reminded how thankful and grateful we are to God to have our healthy children!
2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear Abby's back to her normal self.
And I know what you mean about it being harder on the parents than the kids. It's so scary to have your kids to go through any procedure. We've been through a few different ones ourselves, and I always so thankful they recover so quickly.
Way to go brave little girl (and you too brave Mommy)!!
Post a Comment