Thursday, May 21, 2009

" I'm serious Mom, they like it!"





I should have known something was amiss. The house was quiet and Abby was the only one on my lap while I was reading a book. I guess I liked the calm, so I waited awhile to investigate the reason behind calmness. You see our house is NEVER calm so in my heart I knew mischief was looming. Sure enough when I did look...I found something interesting. Jake had Maddie and Zach tied to the bar stools with his belts. He was the zoo keeper and they were his animals. Zach was a tiger, Maddie a horse. He would untie one at a time and parade them around the house, hands bound. Zach and Maddie did seem to enjoy it, so I let it go until...He carried Maddie hog tied, both hands and feet ,into the family room. Although she was still enjoying it, this seemed a bit like child cruelty to me. All I could think about was when I was a kid. If my older brother, Matt, gave me any attention, even negative attention, I loved it. In the eyes of a younger sibling..nothing beats a big brother!

No comments: