Monday, September 8, 2008

Random things..

This post doesn't really have a theme like most of mine do. It is just full of some random things I have been meaning to post , but I wasn't sure how to make them fit a "theme"..and you know we teachers love our themes..


Jake's first scrimmage. Do you see Coach Ron and #50 ( Jake), behind the UNDERWOOD jersey?

Some of the fans got a little restless by the end.....

We have had lots of deer in our yard. Maddie called these deer Tigers and Zach called them horses. I am sure Ron's brother Eric sees them as dinner....

My latest big score with coupons! I paid less then a dollar for every item with a total of 14 dollars for TONS of stuff!!! My goal is to spend less them 100 dollars a week on groceries and household items. Diapers are not in that budget, and if we make a Costco run ,the budget is a bit higher but...I am doing really well saving on the day to day stuff! With gas prices so high and SO many mouths to feed every little bit counts. I am much more aware of my spending with coupons and have fun seeing my savings.

I have had several people ask me about my coupon obsession. Let me just add that Pam was the one that got me going, she is the Queen Couponer, not me! But I am getting pretty hooked myself.
The best way to get started is by looking around these sites.(below) They have great links to coupons you can get off the Internet and give you the scenarios that are best at just about any store. They have links to tons of other Mommy saving blogs....
Check these out:
http://cincinnaticents.blogspot.com/2008/09/meijer-deals-week-of-9708.html

http://www.thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com/

http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/

Here are my coupon suggestions to save BIG BUCKS!
1. Make a list and stick to it.
2. Only buy things on sale and match coupons whenever possible
3. Buy non grocery items at Walgreens, you will save big bucks.
4. Don't buy as you need, be sure to stock up when things are cheap
5. You can stack coupons, Use Meijer's coupons, from the Web site, with your manufacturer's coupons.
6. Search the Internet for coupons. Go right to the companies sites. They have tons of coupons. I print off Juicy Juice and Coffee mate coupons every time I shop!
7. I find Internet coupons are better then the Sunday paper coupons.
8. Cut out ALL the Sunday coupons. You will be surprised and how you use what you thought you wouldn't use!
9. Use as many coupons as you can. If cereal is 3 for 5. Use 3 coupons for each box you buy...and NEVER buy cereal full price!!!

Well..that should get you going!

No comments: