
Tonight Ron and Jake were off to football practice ,so the triplets and I were left to take care of the nightly duties on our own. We have a nice routine down ,so all is well, right! WRONG! After dinner we head up for our bath. I put them in the bath and ran to the bedroom to grab diapers and Pj's. When I returned one of the little buggers had helped themselves out to the tub , grabbed their Deat( blankie) and brought it in the tub with them. Not ideal, but I can handle that. Shortly after hair scrubbing and cleaning Maddie wants to get out. I get her out, dry her off , put on a diaper ,and bring her downstairs. Now Maddie and Abby are pretty attached so if Maddie is done, then Abby is too. However, Abby is refusing to leave the tub without her Deat. I refuse to let her take the Deat out of the tub because it is SOAKING wet. I finally convinced her to get out and the very minute I remove her from the tub Zach has a series of loud toots in the tub. We all laugh at the popping bubbles until I realize the toots were more than toots and now we have swirling loose poop in the tub. I dry Abby off, slap on a diaper ,and bring her down to join Maddie. I run up, detox Zach who is yelling poop and trying to catch them in his hands, put a diaper on him and bring him downstairs to be with the girls so I can attend to swirling poop and soaking Deat in the tub. However, as I walk downstairs with Zach I find two naked girls on top of the kitchen table happily pushing every button on Daddy's remote. I guess it is my fault as I didn't take the time to duct tape them. After all they were alone for 2 LONG minutes. Now Zach is crying because I won't let him on the table, I get the girls down and they run from me in two directions and I still have poop and a wet Deat in the tub. Jenn and Stacey is this one of those moments were are going to laugh about later?
4 comments:
You have to laugh - cause if you didnt laugh - you'd cry!
Oh yes! Are you laughing yet? Maybe tomorrow!
I can't stop laughing!!!! You're making me nervous here, Beth! I actually made it through four kids without a poop in the tub - leave it to Elaina.
I am laughing out loud! What an adventure!
Post a Comment