Saturday, April 14, 2012

Making the Most of Staying Home
















It feels like the WHOLE world packs up and goes South for Spring Break. I find Spring Break to be rushed and prefer to move our crowd in the summer when I can have time to pack and unpack. So, we made the most of things to do around here. Our first day was an awesome play date and pedicures for the girls and I along with our neighbor and her daughter! FUN! On Saturday we headed to Chicago with the whole gang. We went to Shedd's Aquarium. We took the kids there in December and bought a Membership. With our big crew it made more sense to buy a membership rather than 6 tickets! We knew if we made it back ,even once ,our investment would be paid for. Plus, Sara was left out in December and we knew she would love it..which she did! The best part of the day was Jake got selected to be the special helper in the dolphin show. So cool. Jake was feeling sad that ALL his friends were in Florida and he was not. Well, at least he got to pet dolphins even if he was not at the ocean. After the aquarium we went to Woodfield Mall and ate at the Rainforest Cafe. We hit the Lego store, The Hello Kitty Store, The Disney Store...and my favorite, CHARMING CHARLIE'S! Love that store and so did my girls. It is girl stuff galore! We stayed in a hotel right across from the mall and stuffed 7 people in a two double bed hotel room. NICE! The kids didn't mind! We enjoyed the pool. The picture I included cracked me up..Nope the pool isn't busy, that's just our family. Looks pretty crowded. We headed home the next day and spent the rest of the week with fun play dates, crafts , movie nights,and food! The kids are playing "doggies" in the picture above. It made me laugh! Now, I am looking sooooooo forward to summer. I love my job but I am ready to play everyday with my kiddos! We have our "real" ocean vacation planned for this summer. So looking forward to that!

No comments: