Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthdays, Blizzard, and Baby!












We few weekends back we celebrated my birthday, Jan. 21 and Jake's birthday, Jan. 15Th at Wild Chef restaurant, a Japanese steak house. My Aunt Shirley and Anne came to join the celebration. Lots of fun! The kids love the "fire" restaurant. Sara spent some snuggle time at her Aunt Michelle's house ,so we could just relax and have fun.
We have had 2 days in a row off from school. Ron even had Wednesday off with us. I have been trying to entertain some pretty bored kiddos. We have baked, made Valentine's cards, played in the snow, made forts, had hot chocolate, watched movies...I think it is time for school to start again.( for them, not me!) Seriously, it has been a lot of fun lounging around in our jammies and being stuck inside toasty warm by the fire. True Michiganers love a good blizzard!
Sara's new trick..sitting up by herself. She is VERY close to being good at it. I am hoping she has the art perfected by her 6 month photo shot in a few weeks. It looks pretty promising

2 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

I love the photo with the blanket fort! It's the first time I have seen a photo with your house in disarray and I LOVE IT! Makes me feel better about the craziness around here! Got to go clean that play room now... again!

Josie said...

Okay - first of all, I can't believe how big Sara is already. Second, I can't believe how big your triplets are already! I love the picture of them all snuggled in the hospital bassinet - so cute! And finally, I am so jealous of your backyard hill! We have an awesome big yard - perfect for whiffle ball, soccer, football, and we even have a full-sized lacrosse net and huge backstop net, but NO HILL! We have this little tiny side hill that Cole, Claudia, and Grant have attempted to make into a little snowboard run, but it only about 15 feet long. They would love your hill!