Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm not above it...If it works..It works!


Today the triplets and I had a top secret Father's Day mission to accomplish. In order for this to be pulled off it required all three to be very cooperative! At three and a half sometimes we are very cooperative, and sometimes we are not. To get all three to be cooperative is hard. So to insure a cooperative trio I used a good bribe... My offer was, a trip to the Peanut Store( a local candy store downtown Holland) in return for full cooperation. Now the real beauty of this was..we are old enough now to fully understand and work for a bribe. It worked like a charm...So here are the kids enjoying the benefits, if I were in the picture, I would be smiling too!
If you look in the background you will see a Choo Choo wagon. Inside the wagon were 20 month old triplets we met downtown. As I sat with my three, who had listened all day, held my hand as we walked the streets and crossed roads, opened their own candy and threw away the wrappers, no stroller, no diaper bag, and were actually easy to take someplace on my own...The triplets we met really made me reflect on how far we have come. She had two grandmas helping her and, although her triplets sat for a awhile in the choo choo wagon, they were now ready to run and she was ready to chase. She looked at me and asked, "Does it get easier?'...It made me think..finally...we have made it! For my triplet mom readers..I know you know what I mean!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum the peanut shop, it's the best!!!! and I'm all for bribing to if it needs to be down. :)

Jenn Vantol said...

Oh, Beth! So glad to hear you say that now! One more year for us??? We actually went out for icecream without strollers or "back packs" ie:leashes, today! Minor accomplishments feel good!