Monday, December 15, 2008

Making My List & Checking It Twice!

It's that time of year when we stress ourselves out over all things that consume the season. I have slowly been checking things off my list that I feel I must do to make the season official. We took the kids to see Santa, I took Jake to a Holiday play, I have sent out my cards, done most of my shopping, made cookies and a Ginger Bread house...The wrapping is lingering over me now! One thing I have done just for me is make time for a Daily Devotion..that is a true highlight of my day!

Jake and I had fun decorating and even got Ron in on a few cookies. Ron did get the a lecture on appropriate amounts of frosting on each cookie as his were how he, the sugar tooth, would like them!

Reassuring hugs before they saw the big guy. Last Saturday I took the kids to my Dad's law firm Holiday party for kids. It was on the top of the Old Kent Building downtown Grand Rapids at the club. Quite a fancy party if I do say so.

Our tradition is going downtown Holland to see Santa. Sadly Santa's working hours are a little on the crazy side downtown. He was there from 1 to 5 p.m. on Friday??? So we saw him at the mall. The only plus to the mall was it was warm and Santa brought his reindeer. Other than that we are a much bigger fan of Santa's when he does his downtown shift!

3 comments:

Triplet Mom said...

Love the girls' dresses! Where did you find black bows? I couldn't find any.

Mom of 5 said...

I got the dresses at Costco..Love that store! They are Jona Michelle, very pricey, and I got them for 17 dollars! The fur, the velvet... they called themselves Princesses.I got the bows at a store in Holland called Mom and Baby Again.

Cindy said...

I was going to ask the same thing...where did you get those dresses!!! Beth, they are adorable!!! I love them! Can they get any cuter??? Jake sure looked handsome too!