Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Quivers Full of Children

Often in life we draw out a plan for ourselves. We pray that the well thought out plans happen as we want them to. Sometimes they do, sometimes they do not. Our plan does not always align with God’s plan for us. In my life I have found that trusting in God’s plan, although it may differ from mine and I may not understand it at first, always brings me to the better place. It is the letting go and trusting part that can be challenging.
Ron and I have recently experienced the letting go of our plan to make room for God’s plan. In our plan we had our perfect family and the house full of kids that we had dreamed about. We had sold our baby gear and were now enjoying life without diapers and stair gates. God has shown us that his plan for us was different than our plan for us. We were shocked ,then surprised ,and now ecstatic that God has given us the gift of another child to love. We will welcome with love Baby # 5 in the end of August.
Shortly after we found out we were pregnant I was feeling pretty isolated and alone. Like I was the only person I knew who would have FIVE kids. How would we do it? I guess I was still questioning God’s plan. But yet again, God intervened. While still dealing with my feelings I was cruising around looking at my favorite blogs. From my friend Stacey’s blog there is a link to her sister’s blog. When I went to her sister’s blog I could do nothing but smile. Her sister is two weeks behind me in her pregnancy with her fifth and obviously wrestling with her feelings as well.! She posted this Bible verse and it opened my eyes to a new, better perspective!

“Okay, the question begs to be asked... Why, another child?

Because God has given us one.”


Psalm 127:3-5 (The Message)
3-5 Don't you see that children are GOD's best gift?
the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!
Your enemies don't stand a chance against you;
you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.

We are feeling very blessed, amazed ,and grateful for our quivers full of children! We plan to tell the kids tonight! The girls will make wonderful little mothers!

4 comments:

richvt said...

SO happy for you guys!!!! You are an amazing family and have been so blessed! Loved catching up on your blog today and visiting with you the other day!

Triplet Mom said...

What an unexpected and wonderful blessing! Congratulations to the whole family! God's plans are greater and more splendid than our own :)

Anna said...

Oh Beth! What exciting news! Congratulations, what a wonderful loving family to welcome a baby in to!! miss you!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! God's way is always best. Lately, I've been feeling like everyone around us is having baby #5, so you're not alone. :)